Arriving by Air – Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU)
Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU)
2400 W. Terminal Blvd.
Morrisville, NC 27560
RDU is located about 15 miles from downtown Raleigh.
Raleigh-Durham (RDU) International Airport, consistently ranks among the most efficient airports in North America, serves Raleigh and the Research Triangle Region of North Carolina.
RDU is located along the western edge of Wake County, nearest to Morrisville, The Research Triangle Park and Cary: it is midway between downtown Raleigh and downtown Durham.
RDU’s two main terminals (Terminal 1 and Terminal 2) currently offer more than 370 daily arrivals and departures on eight major airlines and nineteen regional carriers, with 40 other airports connected by 180 non-stop daily flights.
The airport also provides the latest technology, dining, shopping and services to make your travel experience more convenient and enjoyable. At RDU, arriving passengers find a variety of transportation options, ranging from SuperShuttle to airport taxis to rental cars to buses and other transportation services.
Airlines Servicing Raleigh
- Air Canada and Air Canada Jazz, 888.247.2262, www.aircanada.ca
- AirTran Airlines, 800.247.8726, www.airtran.com
- American and American Eagle, 800.433.7300, www.aa.com
- Continental and Continental Express, 800.525.0280, www.flycontinental.com
- Delta and Delta Connection, 800.221.1212, www.delta.com
- JetBlue, 800.538.2583, www.jetblue.com
- Northwest, 800.225.2525, www.nwa.com
- Southwest, 800.435.9792, www.southwest.com
- United and United Express, 800.864.8331, www.united.com
- US Airways and US Airways Express, 800.428.4322, www.usairways.com
Arriving By Car
Raleigh is easily accessed by Highway 40, 440, 50, 401, 64 and 264
From Charlotte, NC
- I-85 N toward Greensboro
- I-40 E toward Raleigh, NC
From Atlanta, GA
- I-85 N toward Greenville
- I-40 E toward Raleigh
From Norfolk, VA
- US 58 W toward Suffolk
- I-95 S toward Rocky Mountain, NC
- US 64 W toward Raleigh
- I-440 W toward Wake Forrest
- US 401 S toward Raleigh
Arriving by Train
320 W. Cabarrus St., Raleigh 27601;
211 N. Academy St., Cary 27513;
Reservations required. Purchase tickets at the station, by phone or via the Internet.
Train routes stopping in Raleigh and Cary include:
The Carolinian, which travels from Charlotte to Cary to Raleigh to New York.
The Piedmont, which travels from Charlotte to Cary to Raleigh.
The Silver Star, which travels from Florida to Raleigh to New York.
The Raleigh Amtrak station is located just 2 and ½ blocks from the convention center and cab service is available from the station to the convention center.